Friday, October 17

October 15, 2008

Today, I am officially 32 weeks! I had my 32 week check up today. I got to meet one of the other doctors in the practice today. So far I've only met 3 of them, and there are still more that I still haven't met. I am finally starting to get comfortable with the idea of going to a new OB. However, meeting a new doctor yesterday really made me miss my old doctors in Chambersburg. Oh well.
My appointment was very routine...and Baby was doing just fine. They did an ultrasound to check his growth. They seemed to be rather rushed, so they didn't go over any of his measurements with me. All I know is that he measured to the 32 weeks and his heart rate was 130.
We took a quick tour of NICU and the Labor/Deliver Unit at the Hospital. I was very surprised at how nice it was. Being the first time delivering at this hospital, I wasn't sure what to expect. But the rooms are very nice. We got to know what to expect when Baby is born. It wasn't really anything new, other than, they basically are going to be rushing us through Labor/Deliver process so that we can be transfered to duPont right away. As soon as Baby is born he will be given some IV's and I will get to hold him for a few minutes. Then he will be taken to the NICU for further assessment. Once he is taken to NICU, then I will get to go sit with him. We won't be in Harrisburg very long, well at least Baby won't be. Once he is stablized and ready for transport, he will be taken to duPont and placed in their NICU until I arrive. This is all information we already knew, but walking through the process with the nurses just seemed to make the process even more real. While in the NICU, we saw a baby that was born at 25 weeks and weighed only 1 pound. He had a twin who was also in the NICU. He was so tiny, and fragile looking...definitely an image I will never forget!
I go back to Harrisburg next Friday for my last appointment with the Cardiologist. I will be having one last echocardiogram before baby is born. We won't see the cardiologist again til Baby is born, and he will have an echocardiogram then.
I hope to post pictures soon...so check back to see Baby's updated 4D picture. And of course, my belly, (which I think cannot grow anymore!). :o)

1 comment:

The Amstutz Family said...

Wow! It's crazy to think that you are in the last 8 weeks of pregnancy. Where did the time go? (And you look so good!) I'm glad that things are starting to feel like they are "coming together" and that you have a feel of what to expect. It really seems that you have a great team of medical peps working with you.